One of the advantages of having a civil celebrant conduct your marriage ceremony is that you can have your wedding exactly the way you wish and can include elements that you may not be able to use in either a church wedding or in a registry office. This doesn’t mean that you can’t include any religious elements to your civil marriage should you wish to.
You can choose what vows you will say, what you want to say when you exchange rings infact you can add any personal touches and can include any content (a blessing, poetry or readings) you may like to make it special and unique.
You can choose where you would like to be married within Australia or within Australian territorial waters (beach, park, backyard) and have your marriage on whatever time and day of the year that suits you.
My role as a marriage celebrant is to:-
- Completing and lodge all legal paperwork with the appropriate authorities;
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
- Marriage Certificate
- Create a ceremony that meets your individual requirements;
- Write and conduct the ceremony, I have access to a number of resources to assist you with
- Conduct a rehearsal (if required); and
- Follow-up with yourselves after the wedding